Friends of the National Library of Medicine Awards Gala
Wednesday, August 31, 2022, Willard Hotel, Washington, DC
We are eager to celebrate our Annual Awards Gala in-person after two years of not being able to see you! We would like to share the instituted COVID-19 precautions to ensure everyone attending feels safe and comfortable.
The FNLM will follow all city and CDC guidelines and will continually monitor COVID-19 developments in consultation with local leaders and medical consultants.
As of the writing of this message, masks are recommended for those who attend except when actively eating or drinking. As protocols may change, we plan to include up-to-date information in all pre-Gala email communications as well as on our website.
We require guests to show proof of vaccination and a booster against COVID-19 or a negative pharmacy test result (dated within two days of the event) to attend. Please do not attend the Gala if you test positive for COVID-19 within five days of the event, if you are experiencing symptoms, or if you are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
FNLM Gala Protocols:
- Provide proof of full vaccination, one booster, and a government-issued photo ID upon arrival.
- Temperatures will be taken before admission to the Gala.
- Masks must be worn at all times except while actively drinking and eating.
- Social distancing will be practiced, including at table and place settings.
- Attendees will be capped at 200 people.
- While the standard table configuration is 10 seats, those who purchased tables have the option to split their tables into 2 (6 and 4 at an adjacent table).
- Hand sanitizer will be available on all tables and throughout the cocktail reception.
Please note that these policies, based on current guidelines, are subject to change. Any changes will be communicated in advance of our Gala when possible.
CDC – How to protect yourself and others https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html